Custom Foam Inserts
CASES by MASCO, offers you expert design and fabrication for all your case interior and packaging requirements. We have the ability to shape all types of foam including Polyurethane, Polyethylene, Polyester, and many other open and closed cell foams. We maintain a large inventory of foam in stock, so we can quickly and efficiently produce your case interior. We have the capabilities to provide the right design and material for your products protection.
- We generate the designs for all of our custom foam inserts using a 3-D modeling program to help insure your equipment is accurately and properly packaged for transport.
- There is no engineering fee for custom interiors, although there can be one time die charges for larger quantity runs or complicated cavity design. We can provide a hand cut unit for small quantity runs or first article design prior to releasing to manufacturing.
- Our custom interiors can usually be supplied in about two weeks or less, depending on order size, limiting your turnaround or down time.
We can build just about any configuration that can physically be placed in a case.
Designing a Custom Foam Insert
We can either develop a custom foam insert based on your dimensional requirements or work with your existing design/drawings. We generate all our designs using a 3-D modeling program to insure that your product is properly protected.
Should you already have drawings we can accept many file types such as .dwg, .dxf, .iges, and .step files to help speed up the process. If you don’t have existing drawings we can develop them for you.
Our goal is to make your development process as simple and easy as possible, while providing the most cost effective methods of producing your product protection interior.
- In house 3D modeling and 2D drawings
- Drawing / Design review with our customers to insure accuracy
- First Article units can be produced quickly for approval
- We can work with existing drawing / models
Types of Custom Foam Packaging
We work with many types of closed cell and open cell foams.
- Croslink / EVA
If you are unsure of what types of custom foam packaging will work best for your application we can assist you with that as well.
We use several different manufacturing processes for our custom foam inserts. The process is typically determined by the complexity, size and volume requirements for the specific application.
- Hand cut
- Die Cut
- Hot wire
- Water jet
|Examples of Custom Foam|